Built in 1874 for Galen C. Moses, the house became an instant celebrity in Bath when Jim and Larry purchased it in 1994 to create a bed and breakfast. Departing from traditional local house colors, this Italianate structure was draped in the most vivid colors of plum, pink and teal, thus its nickname, The Pink House. There are surprises throughout the house, from the elegant gardens and rooms filled with tasteful antiques to the full theater located on the third floor and once used to entertain officer s from the near by Naval Air station during World War II. The house contains a number of spirits. Our ghosts, assuredly friendly, are likely to make their presence felt on a frequent basis. Early evening finds guests relaxing on the porches which surroun d the house or taking a leisurely stroll along the waterfront. Historic Bath invites the traveler to spend a few relaxing days strolling through the pleasant parks overlooking the Kennebec River of rummaging through the many antique stores on Front Street. Beach lovers will find two sandy state park beaches within a short drive. The nationally acclaimed Maritime Museum, The Chocolate Church or the Art Gallery of Bowdoin College furnish exciting diversions on a rainy afternoon while short drives to Wiscasset, Boothbay Harbor or Freeport home of L.L. Bean can satisfy every shoppers appetite. Check-in is at 4 00 PM. Guests planning to arrive before or after this time must contact the property at least 48 hours prior to arrival to receive special check-in instructions. As a bed and breakfast property, the Front Desk hours will vary guests should contact the property to find out more information. To contact the property, use the number on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Pets allowed
- Air conditioning